Agricultural MechanicLennard Ag Co.
Lennard Ag Co is looking for a Full-Time Agriculture Mechanic in Howe, Indiana and surrounding area.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul farm machinery and vehicles, such as tractors,
harvesters, semi-trucks, trailers, forklifts, pickups and farm tractors. This includes oil changes, greasing, clutches, u-joints, brakes, tires 90-day inspection, engines and transmissions.
- Examine and listen to equipment, read inspection reports to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Drive trucks to haul tools and equipment for on-site repair of large machinery.
- Conduct fuel and electrical diagnostics. Maintain records, DOT paper work, oil change schedules and purchase orders.
- Develop and maintain a part number list by equipment.
- Maintain and organize parts inventory.
- Dismantle defective machines for repair, using hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate parts. Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good, clean, working order.
- Must be willing to work extended hours in peak season.
• 4 years of experience as a mechanic or equivalent job.
• A high school diploma or GED and 12 months training as a tractor mechanic.
• Require a regular driver’s license.
• Must be a certified John Deere mechanic.