Vice President Economic and Community DevelopmentLaGrange County Economic Development Corporation
Vice President - Economic and Community Development
The LaGrange County Economic Development Corporation. Exciting new position in a local economic development agency. Will report to CEO/President - Salary of $50,000 - $70,000 and benefits.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain internal/external databases for communication purposes.
· Develop and maintain LCEDC website – make changes when necessary.
· Understand and develop social media outlets utilizing them to the advantage of the LCEDC.
· Organize communication to board members, political leadership and key elements of the Lagrange County community.
· Formulate a concise newsletter to be e-mailed to community – highlighting activities and programs of the LCEDC.
· Develop and assist in the implementation of an on-going business retention program for the LCEDC.
· Develop, produce and maintain any external marketing material (generally printable).
· Assist with Launch LaGrange program.
· Assist with the development of press release and press relationships.
· Assist with the development and maintenance of the database of available sites and buildings.
· Assist communities connecting various programs at the state and federal level(s).
· Assist in the development of innovative programs and assist in workforce development endeavors.
· Help in the development of materials for a financial campaign.
· Ability to attend conferences out of the office to broaden knowledge of economic and community development activities.
· Maintain database of buildings and sites for industrial development in LaGrange County.
· Any and all other duties as desired by the President/CEO.
· Professional appearance and attire.
· Proven inter-personal/relationship building skills.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
· Familiar with Office.
· Visionary in perspective.
· Ability to see a challenge.
Maintenance of Proficiency
It will the responsibility of the President/CED operating within an approved budget, to maintain and upgrade his/her skills by attending appropriate conference, meetings, and training sessions and be extending educational experience through courses offered by professional trade organizations, and systematic reading of job-related journals and publications, and special targeted publications on specific sites and building as necessary and to create, maintain and update printed materials as needed.